The Etobicoke Chapter is pleased to invite P. Eng and EIT members and their families to our annual tour with Doors Open Toronto. As part of this year’s Doors Open festival, we will be touring the R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.
The R. C. Harris Water Treatment plant is much more than just a water treatment plant. In addition to processing more than 45% of the City of Toronto’s water, it is an architecturally acclaimed historic building and a designated Ontario Heritage site.
Join us on Saturday May 27 as we explore we explore the plant to learn more about its functional and historic sides!
- 10:00 AM – Meet at Royal York Station (for those travelling via TTC)
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 AM R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant and Grounds Tour
- After the tour, depending on time and interest, we may also visit the Redpath Sugar Factory and the John Street Roundhouse Toronto Railway Museum.
Register online via our Eventbrite link.
Option A – Travel with the Group
Those travelling from Etobicoke via TTC can choose to meet the organizers and travel together. We will be meeting at Royal York Station at 10:00 AM and making our way to the east end to visit the R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.
Option B – Travel Independently
You can choose to arrange your own transportation to the R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plan. We will meet in front of the main entrance of the R.C. Harris Plant at 11:00 AM and commence our tour shortly after.
- This is a rain or shine event. Please check the weather and dress appropriately.
- This event is open to PEO members and their families. Please ensure you register all guests, so we can keep track of everyone.
- If you are travelling by TTC, please consider a TTC Group/Family day pass that can be used for two adults and up to four children under 19.
About Doors Open Toronto
The 18th annual Doors Open Toronto returns on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28, 2017, offering free and rare access to 150 architecturally, historically, culturally and socially significant buildings across the city.
Doors Open Toronto 2017 is part of TO Canada with Love, the City of Toronto’s year-long program of celebrations, commemorations and exhibitions marking Canada’s 150th birthday. Doors Open Toronto is presented by Great Gulf and produced by the City of Toronto in partnership with the Province of Ontario and the broader community.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this event or if you need assistance